Monday, January 2, 2012

Hello 2012! :)

December 31, 2011- the day people reflect on how they’ve been the whole year, whether good or bad. As for me, this marks the end of my miseries, frustrations and disappointments and the beginning of a new me.  Probably, I’ll be using positive words with the superlative forms for the year 2012. I want to surround myself with positive energies and happy thoughts. I owe it to myself big time after all these months of sulking from unfulfilled wishes and not taking control of how my life would be. This time I want it to be different since I’m not getting any younger. I want to take things the “mature” way. 

As they say, this is also the time of the year to come up with another New Year’s “meant to be broken” resolutions for 2012. That’s why I don’t believe in it anymore. I’ve had the same experience with broken resolutions.  I realized that if you want to start anew, now is the time to make it happen. 

But why do we still have to think so hard when we know that we’re not going to fulfill it?  Hmmm….probably it’s our way of giving endless chance to ourselves to change for the better. Out with the old and in with the new. If you have a lot of excess baggage this year, it’s time to let it go and only bring with you the goodness of beautiful memories. 

Anyways, New Year’s Eve is just few hours away.  I’ve made my New Year’s resolution for 2012 for the sake of enjoyment. Since it only happens once a year, I might as well give it a try AGAIN. 

I have come up with ideas for us to make it attainable:
1.    Make it simple. The simpler the better. You don’t need to look so far to find a way for you to       finally do it.
2.  It should be time bounded. Have a plan that is feasible within a time frame.  It motivates you to focus and allows you to move forward with your other resolutions.
3. Make few resolutions. As in FEW! Please don’t make a long list. It will only frustrate you even more for not accomplishing everything you’ve written on it.
4. Be specific. Generalizing every resolution would make it vague and even harder to start.
5.Prioritize. Good organization of thoughts is one of the key factors on a feasible plan.

Well, I hope that helps!

Before the countdown begins, here are my New Year’s Resolution for the year 2012:

1.                   Save money. Don’t be an impulsive buyer. Classify my wants from my needs.
2.                   Lose weight. As usual! Lol
3.                   Fix broken relationships esp. within family. 
4.                   Focus on my career.
5.                   Pray often.



What is your New Year’s resolution? Feel free to share it with me….
Enjoy and have fun! 
Goodbye 2011….
Hello 2012!!!!!! Start your year with a bang!  ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Twas a great day since its my birthday! Good luck with your resolutions. :D

    Thanks for dropping by my blog. You have a new follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete